17 April 2010

1910 EDWARDIAN IMAGE - ATC INSPIRATION!

Of course I couldn't resist purchasing this one!  I think you can tell from the picture that the green dress is actually flocked!  What were they thinking?  Yes flocked and the spots you see are bits of gold leaf, her jewelry is also highlighted with gold leaf.  See what I mean though?  This image is screaming out to be used!  I found this in a box of post cards which were all addressed to a Miss Sophie Engen, Sundial Alberta, with quite a few from Minnesota.  I was surprised to see so many of them were "flirty" and appeared to be from young men who variously declared themselves to be missing her company but signed off as "cousin so and so".  It was an interesting hour, sifting through this young woman's mail and imagining her life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket