16 May 2010

SPRING BANNER (Jenni Bowlin paper)

Maybe this post should be titled "lessons learned" or "patience".  I started this project last spring, it wasn't coming together for me so I put it away.  Actually I just stopped and tried not to think about it.  I hate unfinished projects - way too much guilt.  But this one just kept popping back into my sight line.

This morning I figured out it was the letters that didn't work.  They were blue and edged with the sweetest chocolate dots - I really hadn't want to let go of them.  It would probably have been easier to recut the letters with a darker cardstock but no I used both a Sharpie and a Stampin Up marker to recolor.  Then my trusty Krylon gold leaf pen (I never get tired of saying that!) to "shabby it up" by highlighting the letters and the edges of the ovals.

Then I got out a couple of Marvy punches (butterfly and dragonfly), two shades of dark brown patterned Basic Grey papers and punched enough of both to add to each oval.  I highlighted each of these with the Krylon pen also.  I added a teeny saphire blue gem (My Mind's Eye) to the head of each dragonfly.

It was the gorgeous coral and blue patterned paper from Jenni Bowlin that inspired this.  I used coral, blue and brown Co'ordinations cardstock, Bedazzles (Macarena), VersaMagic inks to complete the ovals and strung them together with white 1 1/2 inch moire ribbon from Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket