23 June 2010

SHABBY CHIC PENNANT BANNER IN PINK, CREAM AND BLACK

I haven't done a banner in ages - this feels like me and yes I really do have my groove back!  This one is everything shabby I could think of;  lots of layers, pom pom fringe, embossing, inking, Prima Pearls, wired ribbon.

The papers and some of the smaller flowers are "Sabrina" from Making Memories.  The larger flowers I cut with the new Tim Holtz die Tattered Florals - cutting and layering paper, dotted swiss net and more fabric flowers from Prima.

The pennants are embossed in a brocade pattern and then inked in black over the glossy stripes, I love this look.   The letter blocks are layers of grey whitewash cardstock from coredinations, plain pink cardstock which I also embossed using the same folder  and then inked over in pink, almost red and black, a bit more patterned black and white paper punched out and finally the letters rest on a punched out tile of black on black patterned paper from the "Sabrina" line.  I laid out the pennants, adhered the letters and then figured out where the flowers would go, each tile has a bit of Prima Pearl swirl and on each pennant I added punched out dragonflys or butterflys for the final bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket