28 August 2010

COVERED BOTTLE - GRAPHIC 45 COMMUNIQUE

The challenge this month at "Our Vintage Affair" is to make a wine bottle cover.  (click on the title of this post to go directly there - do go have a look, the other entries are lovely and shabbified!)  I don't drink so instead I've covered a French water bottle that I use to hold lavender water for the steam iron.  Because I will continue to use it, I have kept the cover on the simple side.  Those of you who love and adore graphic 45 will recognize the papers and tags I've used on this bottle.  As the papers are double-sided they work great on a clear bottle.  Instead of doing a paper collar around the  neck, I've used tiny gold beads on wire and wrapped that around.  I stamped and copper embossed the main paper to add texture and go with the copper eyelets I used to secure the laces (vintage satin ribbon), the border is composed of several other patterns in the line and vintage silk threads were used to dangle the tags.  I adhered a number of the die cuts from the line around the main body (not visible in this pic).  Finally I used a sepia toned decoupage finish (3 coats) to antique the papers a bit more and provide some water resistance.  Thanks for providing an interesting challenge!  I enjoyed tackling something quite different.  

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog you have here! I've become a follower. I see we have in common G45, the Shabby Tea Room, and a love of vintage ephemera. Thanks for visiting my blog during the Pages In Time hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi - I giggled at your comment on putting on your vintage panties for the next challenge lol - love the bead work around the neck of the bottle and the papers are just gorgeous. Beautifully decorated bottle - thank you for joining in with us Polly xx (ourvintageaffair)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bottle! Love the lacing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sandi I can see why you won your bottle is wonderful. I love all the detail. Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket