19 August 2010

A MOMENT - A SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUT (WEBSTER'S PAGES)


My response to the "Birds, Butterflies and Bees" challenge at The (Paper) Trail Makers challenge site.  Click on the title of this post to go directly there or see my links.    The background paper is from Webster's Pages, the frame I cut out of a Victorian Scrap album (not old!) mounted with foam then edged with a gold Krylon pen and lots of ink.  The "bee" piece is a copy of a turn of the 19th century illustration from Karen's Whimsys (see links).  The butterflies are punched from plain cardstock and my bird is Glimmer Glass (Tattered Angels) which I gilded.   The ribbon roses are handmade and the leaves are Prima.  A fun challenge!

SPREAD THE MAGIC!  SEE MY CONTEST BUTTON AT THE RIGHT TO WIN A CUSTOMIZED BUTTON OR BLINKIE FOR YOUR OWN BLOG.  GOOD LUCK!

4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful layout, Sandi! I love that you got all 3 elements (birds, bees, AND butterflies) in for the challenge! Your ribbon roses are gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at TrailMakers this week!
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout - your ribbon roses especially! Love your site, too - such a magical fairy place! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the handmade flowers and the overall fairytale feeling of this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty layout! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket