11 September 2010

BELIEVE (YOU WILL) - A SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUT (STEAMPUNK DEBUTANTE PAPERS)


I am entering this one in both the "Sew on your layout" and "Summer Memory" Challenges at Pages In Time weekend on-line crop.  (click on the title of this post to go directly there)

I hand sewed around the top of the picture and I sewed on the silver dice chain around the bottom left corner (Mardi Gras necklace taken apart).  While in Las Vegas this summer we went to see the Criss Angel, Cirque du Soleil show.  The show was amazing and the artistic theme was Steampunk - so this line of paper couldn't be a better fit. 

This is one of those giant pictures taken at the show, I cut the folder out to use on the layout.  The tickets are tucked behind the picture - vintage ephemera in the making.  I outlined the hand in opaque black glitter to make it stand out a bit, the title is both white Thickers that I used black StaZon and silver leaf on and then a mini silver foil alpha underneath.  The crows I stamped on vellum (glue pad and black glitter) and then cut out.  

If you aren't familiar with the whole Steampunk trend do check it out! 

2 comments:

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket