30 November 2010

DANCE OF THE SNOWFLAKES - A HOLIDAY TAG

My entry for a mini-challenge from the group "What Do You Ink" at "Pages In Time".  The challenge was to create a project with a theme from the "Nutcracker".   Click on the title of this post to check out "Pages In Time".



I cut the tag on Cricut (Basic George) from a piece of G45 (The Night Before Christmas) which is a blue and cream snowy look pattern. I debossed this using the Big Shot with the Tim snowflake folder.  Next I randomly inked the raised areas with cream VersaMagic and heat embossed with white. I used a silver gilt ink pen to randomly distress over both the heat embossed and plain areas and the edges.

The ballerina/fairy I stamped with black Stazon on a scrap of the same paper, fussy cut it out and used a strip of foam to adhere it. This got a coat of Rock Candy Distress which I also dabbed on randomly for a bit of shine here and there.

The snow at the bottom is several bits of roses cut off a strip from American Crafts. The snowflakes I punched (MS) from both a white and a silver foil cardstock. The white ones at the top I edged with black ink for a bit of definition and topped these with clear gems (Kaiser). I used a platinum ultra-fine glitter (Glitter Ritz) around the edges of the tag. Ribbons - a bit of a white dotted organza and some silver wired ribbon which I cut in half widthwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket