15 January 2011

VINTAGE STYLE VALENTINE MINI ALBUM



We have a Valentine Mini Album Swap underway at Bella Creations   I knew right away I wanted my mini to look like something from my childhood i.e. valentine pockets and little themed chocolate boxes. I have used copies out of a book of Valentines circa 1950's to create my mini (psst that is not really my circa!).

My cover is much more successful in real life (IRL)!  The red crepe fringe is made from my precious stash of REALLY REAL vintage crepe paper (1939 Royal Bunting from King Edward's visit to Canada).  A set of double rosettes sits in the center, the bottom made from the old valentines and the top from tissue - sprayed to look aged.  There is another set of pages but you get the idea.  I've left one side of the frames open so that small pictures can be slipped in.  The black rick rack denotes the top of the pocket, intended to hold small pictures or valentines.  Now to just get it in the mail soon!

Do come and check out Bella Creations - lots of fun going on there!  Still time to join the embellishlment swap!  Join soon you and earn a Founding Member's Badge (on the right)  for your blog.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog! I've enjoyed finding your lovely blog as well...I'm a new follower, too! Love your vintage valentine creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL info about the crepe paper trim....sweet project, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket