31 May 2013

MAY FLOWERS MATCHBOX SWAP - THE VINTAGE DRAGON FLY

Once again JoAnne of The Vintage Dragon Fly has hosted a great swap.  The theme this round was "May Flowers".  We each put down our fav colours etc and then were matched up with a swap partner.  My partner likes antiques, primitives and muted colours.  I hope that primitive was the right clue because I really went with that.

 Here is what I did; the paper is from Farmhouse (new paper company to me) muted blues, brown, ochre and green on a cream background, Belgian lace trim, the main flower is also from Farmhouse, Prima leaves inked up a bit, stems from my stash, a vintage (real!) keyhole and key (not real).


and the treasures inside;


A strip of vintage blue cross stitched trim, soft cream and blue lace, cobalt blue stickpin, butterfly twill ribbon, twine flower, tiny clothespins, waxed linen and baker's twines (think laundry lines), vintage corsage pins, a vintage pink beribboned sachet, spun cotton mushrooms and a handful of bakelite and plastic vintage buttons.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun swap! This is beautiful Sandi and your partner will love it along with the fabulous goodies inside.
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a treasure, beautifully done

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket