26 January 2014

VINTAGE CHOCOLATE BOX (REFURBISHED)

Refurbished....gives me a good feeling.  This sweet but oh so shabby vintage chocolate box was tucked into my stash several years ago.  The top was peeled half off and cracked across one side so I started by removing it completely and tracing a new backing from thin chipboard.  Distress Ink in Festive Berry gave life to many of the nibbles and nicks all around.  I adhered a line of red gathered tulle trim  to the box before attaching the top and it's new backing.  I created more interest on the border using both Christmas Red and Platinum Stickles and a bit of Opal Liquid Pearls.  I am happy to give what was a simple little box a few more years to be enjoyed.



8 comments:

  1. This is very pretty now! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally beautiful, Sandi
    Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful altered box, Valerie,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun to alter a Valentine Heart box. Lovely dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. dziekuję za mily komentarz a twoje Walentynkowe serduszko cudowne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work ~ the joy of times past. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello. Dru
    P.S. I love your falling stars - do you mind me asking where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sandi, your refurbished candy box is delightful, the tulle, pearls and lovely vintage image are perfect.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! I love how you refurbished your candy box Sandi!! The tulle is fabby!!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket