16 March 2014

MY ARTISTIC ADVENTURES (ON THE THIRD DAY OF CHRISTMAS) CHALLENGE - MARCH 16, 2014

It's time for the second of the two monthly challenges at My Artistic Adventures!  On the 16th of the month Heather offers a Christmas Challenge, the theme this month is "On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me" and you must use three of something.

I hope to have 12 peat pot ornaments by the years' end!  Basically I have set myself a challenge within the challenge LOL  For this project I have used Heather's Vintage Angels collage page.  She has incorporated all of my favourite elements into this sheet; a sweet vintage image, music paper and birds!  Heather gets wild and crazy creating new sheets so be sure to check on her Etsy shop often!




My project was created using a 3" peat pot painted with white gesso as the base.  I have covered the pot with bits of lace and trim, topped the rim with antiqued silver tinsel trim and used an "evergreen" tinsel stem for the handle, which will blend in with the green of my tree making the ornament appear to float.   I have filled the pot with satin and pearl flowers (liberated from a bridal piece), light blue vintage stems and blue mercury balls from my stash of vintage Christmas bits.  I used a plastic snowflake as the base to build up the stars (each one is popped up with foam dots) as the background for the angel image.  Two of the cardinals are wired to "fly" in front of the stars.  I have used Stickles on all the edges of the images for that extra vintage touch.  Bows front and back are the final touches.

Note:  I have a large stash of glitter products but the one that I go to consistently are "Stickles" from Ranger. The fine nozzle  allows me to lay down a nice edge, which is my preferred look and I find that less glitter drops off  than when using other products.

Come and play along with us, check out the lovely projects from Heather, Helene, Carol and Shawn!  See you there!

3 comments:

  1. This is pot full of Christmas, shabby goodness! It's got all the elements I love in a project: lace, glitter, shiny things and soft colors. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Sandi! Look forward to seeing your next one!
    I agree with you about the stickles fine tip nozzle...love them...so easy and clean!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute Sandi!! I really need to get me some pea pots!! I want to do some now...lol...I just love how you put everything together so well....Beautiful!!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket