1 January 2016

" VINTAGE CHRISTMAS" POCKET LETTER

I created this Vintage Christmas themed Pocket Letter for the "Did Someone Say Vintage" swap at the Pocket Letter Pals site.  My inspiration was thinking of what the holidays "looked like" when I was a child (late 50s/early 60s).


The front;  to start I used two different patterned papers to create this outdoor scene.  The paper for each pocket is trimmed to 2.5 x 3.5 inches (like an ATC) and a 9 pocket acrylic binder page is used for the PL.  I used a piece of vintage red w/gold thread ric rac along the bottom.  Didn't everything have ric rac on it in the '50s?


A strip of candy cane washi tape down the left side of the page, to cover the label area.  Faux fir branch (pipe cleaner) is the base of the swag, with red grosgrain ribbon wrapped from one end to the other, candy striped baker's twine attaches the teeny Shiny Brights (real ones!) and there are teeny vintage red plastic clothes pins on each end too.  I have hung a small stocking (filled with a few more goodies) and a metal lithographed vintage tree ornament from the top left.


The back;  the graphics screamed 1950s to me!


Gathering bits and pieces to consider for filling the back pockets; vintage images cut into scalloped rounds, vintage style thread winder, teeny bottle brush tree, actual vintage candy cane stickers.




2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work, love them all. Wishing you a good 2016, health and happiness! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pocket card letter love all the vintage goodies you added to the back . I have never made one but after seeing yours I just may make one in 2016 .Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Thank you so much!

Photobucket